Q: Can I set my PurpleAir sensor to Private, and how do I view a private sensor on the map?

A: When registering a sensor, you have the option of making it private so only you will be able to see your sensor on our map. If logged in and connected to our servers, you’re able to view the graphs and your sensor from anywhere. You also have access to your sensor’s data, allowing you to download historical information. Alternatively, you can view the real-time data on the sensor’s IP address.

If you registered your sensor as private, there are two ways to view your private sensor on the PurpleAir map:

1. You can use the “view it here” link provided in the registration confirmation email sent to the Associated Email and Owner’s Email indicated on the registration form. This link can be bookmarked or shared with others that you would like to see your private sensor, too.
  2. You can log in to Real-Time Air Quality Map | PurpleAir in the top right corner of the PurpleAir map. At this time you can only log in with a Google account. This means the Owner’s Email must be set to a Google account. If you need to update the Owner’s Email, please contact us.