Checking the Internal Power Cable

The PA-I Indoor, the PurpleAir Classic, and the PurpleAir Classic SD require some disassembly in order to fully troubleshoot power related issues.

PA-I Indoor (No longer available)

The power cable for the PA-I Indoor can come loose where it connects to the device (see image below).

Here’s a video showing full disassembly for the device. The video shows how to replace laser counters, but doing this is not needed for power related issues. Ensure that the power cable is firmly plugged into the device, and then reassemble it. If the cable is firmly plugged in but power issues remain, you can try using a different power cable.

PurpleAir Classic and PurpleAir Classic SD

The PurpleAir Classic and PurpleAir Classic SD use an internal power cable which requires some disassembly to get to (see image below).

Sometimes this cable can come loose and cause power issues for the device.

Here’s a video showing full disassembly for the device. The video shows how to replace laser counters, but doing this is not needed for power related issues. Ensure that the power cable is firmly plugged into the device, and then reassemble it. If the cable is firmly plugged in but power issues remain, you can try using a different power cable.

Note that the video shows a PurpleAir Classic SD. The process for the PurpleAir Classic is the same.

Learn More

Learn how to reconfigure WiFi.
Learn how to troubleshoot power related issues.
Learn more about SD Card Logging and Troubleshooting.
Learn more about what PurpleAir sensors measure and how they work.

1 Like