Indoor Sensor LED stopped working

I have an indoor sensor that has worked for 3 years. The other day the LED AQI light stopped working. The sensor is still working and the Purple Air map is updated. Any ideas why the led stopped working?

1 Like

Hi @Shastadog, in this case, we are happy to look at options for sending you a replacement LED that you can install yourself. The following video will teach you how to complete that process: PurpleAir - LED replacement.mov - Google Drive. If interested, send an email to contact@purpleair.com with your device ID and mention this post. Also, please include an address to ship the replacement to.

2 Likes

My LED stopped working too, and I got my PA-1 only four months ago. What gives?

1 Like

Hi @purpleair22, please email us at contact@purpleair.com with this issue. We are happy to help you get an LED or sensor that will be running as intended.

My sensor often goes dark when I move it while cleaning the shelf under. Just knocking on it helps bring it back to life. Looks like a loose contact. I have A PA-I-LED 7.04 version.

2 Likes

Hi @ygraf,

This article will help explain what is happening: Double-Tap to Change LED Brightness.

1 Like