PA-II "Current status not received for XX minutes"

My PA-II is report “Current status not received for XX minutes”. WiFi shows strong signal. No insects have nested in it, yet. Sensor confidence is reporting 100%. Firmware 7.0. Doesn’t appear to be a communication issue, it’s just not reporting data over the reportedly good connection.

Trouble shooting steps?

1 Like

I’d confirm that you did the wifi configuration and attach procedure right. Almost sounds like the meter doesn’t know the right wifi address to report over.

It reports, “This sensor’s WiFi signal strength is good at -54dbm” So it’s connected to WiFi and communicating some data, just not sensor data. Sensor data reappears randomly for random periods. It’s been functioning for for about a year and has not been messed with. Misconfiguration seems unlikely.

Could the issue be with the power connection? If the sensor is disconnected and reconnected to power, it will automatically reconnect to the WiFi. I wonder if the device is losing power at random moments, causing the readings it reports to be sporadic. When the sensor is not reporting, I recommend checking the inside to see if any lights are on.

Too bright out to see at the moment. I’ll check when it’s darker. It’s down about as much as it’s up. It’s been down for 01h11m on this outage. I unplugged and replugged the transformer. That has not convinced it to start reporting again. It will magically start to work again for a while at some point.

If I connect to its LAN IP directly, I can see that it has readings. It’s just not coming up on the map or a widget embedded in a web page.

1, 1 … you’ve got good air, lucky

I have identical issues with my PA-I and PA-II sensors. It doesn’t appear to be a function of wifi strength or sensor age as it occurs with all of them. It usually resolves itself after a while but I’ve experienced the status not being received for a few hours on occasion. @Purple_Air any thoughts on the issue or time-line on a correction would be appreciated.

It doesn’t seem to have the same problem with my indoor sensor. That would indicate that it’s not my router blocking something.

I’m seeing the same behavior and have been for some time (including prior to 7.00 firmware). My PAII is associated with a commercial grade AP (Ubiquiti NanoHD running latest production firmware), which shows TX/RX status and connect times. It disconnects every ~2 to ~20 minutes, then reconnects. The reconnect process takes around 10 seconds. The PAII and the AP are separated by ~20 feet and are in line of sight of each other through a window (no screen). The AP reports the disconnect as follows:

Thu Jul 28 09:46:58 2022 kern.warn kernel: [1899596.026210] ra1: (CFG80211_OpsStaDel)80211> Delete STA(10:52:1C:xx:xx:xx)subtype(10:disassoc,12:deauth)::12 reason code::2

Reason code 2 is “Previous authentication is no longer valid”

1 Like

I too am having this same issue. I had to replace my laser sensor as I had a different error before this current one. Once I replaced the sensor, I was getting the correct readings. It looked like things went back to normal. However, the monitor turned grey on the map with a “This sensor is not reporting this parameter at the moment.” issue after working fine for a day and a half or so. It goes back to normal when I unplug it and then plug it in again. But, I always have to reconnect to my wifi. Then after some time, it goes grey.

I as well am having this issue. Connects to Wi-Fi just fine. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to have it appear on the map. So far I have witnessed that it will stay offline for 12+ hours.

1 Like

Same. I can access the PurpleAir over my local network using a browser. I can see the sensor collecting readings by viewing the live page. It has green status indicators for all services except PAA.

If PAA is the only status indicator that isn’t green, you’ll want to do one of the following:

The exact details for either of these steps will differ depending on your router

Is there anyway to access logs from the PurpleAir to see what it thinks is happening?

I can’t find any rules in our network that might prevent the PurpleAir from communicating outside the local network.

Additionally, it’s intermittently succeeding in getting measurements transmitted to the map.

Screenshot 2023-12-27 at 3.17.03 PM

1 Like

If the connection is intermittent, the cause could be networking or power related. You’ll want to try moving the sensor closer to your WiFi router and plugging it into a different outlet. If the issue persists, try using a different power cable to power the sensor as well.

If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, please send an email to contact@purpleair.com with the device ID and we can examine the reported data.

This is a very timely thread, because I’ve been experiencing the same exact issue and symptoms for the last 6 months (of 12+ months of ownership), albeit with the “PurpleAir Touch Indoor.”

The visual colors are always working, pinging the local IP shows the sensor is working and collecting data, but the map is often grey (with limited data points) with the same "Current status not received for XX minutes” error.

No changes to the power cable, no changes to the network routing rules or WiFi (strong).

Could this be related to this bug (e.g. turning off any conversion seems to resolve this – @RTS can you try that as well?):

1 Like