Indoor sensor showing “Checking status” on its local web interface

My indoor sensor works great, but since I got it, its web page keeps showing “Checking status” in the wifi section, the outdoor sensor that is on the same network just says “All good” and is green, not grey. Could this be because the indoor sensor is set to private ?

1 Like

I have the same situation, exceot that neither my indoor nor outdoor says “all good”
They are both brand new, just installed.
They show on the map and I can see they are working.

oh and I have both set to public

reply from support

This is because PurpleAir sensors no longer report to ThingSpeak. Initially, the firmware would check the sensor’s connection to ThingSpeak, and once that was successful, the status would change to “Looking good.” Even though “Looking good” no longer appears, your sensor will still work as usual.

1 Like

@Greg_Ruault is correct on this.

Our newer version of firmware, version 7.02, addresses this issue and no longer performs ThingSpeak connection checks, which allows the “WiFi Connected: Looking Good” message to appear as it used to.

The sensor in the screenshot was on version 7.00 at the time the screenshot was taken, which is why it still tried to perform the ThingSpeak check. It has likely updated by now. You can confirm this by selecting the sensor on the map and checking the firmware version.

Firmware version

My sensor is updated to currant version 7.02 firmware but on local statice web page im still getting greyed WiFi Connected checking statice…

How long is the “Checking Status” indicator displayed? It typically takes some time to finish the checks and display the new message.

Hours, days, various browsers

still checking status

All of them display that now, after ThingSpeak was turned off…

I am having the same issue, the “Checking status…” banner never goes away. Should I hard power cycle the unit? @Andrew_PurpleAir

Jeff,

checking status never goes away

check bottom left of web page for statice

Thanks @Greg_Ruault I think this is typically what people see: