Q: How Do I Download Map Graph Data

Any graph data you can see on the PurpleAir map is available for download.

To do so, click on the graph menu, shown below:

Then select “Download CSV” or “Download XLS.” Selecting one of these options will download a file to your device containing the data that appears in the graph.

Data can be downloaded for any data layer, conversion factor, and averaging period.

More information on using the map graph is available here: How to use the Map Graph.

Learn More

API Landing Page
Data Download Tool
View Local Sensor Output Over WiFi (JSON Data)

3 Likes

The map graph data down load is so limited in length VS resolution that it is of no real value.
The current restricted access historical API is not useful for most users and will in time drive away your customer base of the small local scientific community.
The download tool that was removed is what users want and need. A simple, easy, clean way to access their historical data in what ever resolution and time frame they need.
If your servers can not handle the data load then bandwidth limits on each down load is a far better way to go. If a uses tries to download a LOT of data they will simply have to wait a very long time for it but it will arrive in time. This will result in users becoming quite careful to download only the data they need while still staying true to a open policy on accessing historical data by all.

3 Likes

This is a perfectly fair critique, and we’re sorry that this has made things difficult for you. First off, if you need access to the historical API endpoints, please feel free to send us an email at contact@purpleair.com so we can grant access.

The map graph download tool is essentially a temporary stop-gap that we have created to help our non-programmer users. We’re currently working on the next iteration of the data download tool. We’re also looking into other temporary tools in the meantime.

I’ve sent an email to this address regarding the need for several STEM teachers to continue to access data with their students. Now that this interface has changed they are struggling with how to complete the investigations they had planned. Thank you

Wondering if there is time frame for availability of the needed download tool for non-programmers.
This issue dates back to 2022 and it is now March 2023.
Sensor owner work is being delayed or damaged by this issue.
Thank you for your update on this issue

The tool has been released. You can find it here: PurpleAir Data Download Tool

Using the Data Download Tool but continue to receive an error message:

Error Code: 400
Error: InvalidHistoryFieldValueError
Description: A provided history field (hardware) was not found.

Attempting to download PM2.5 data from Sensor Index 125247

@Andrew_PurpleAir - would you be able to help me out with this? Would sincerely appreciate it!

Certain fields are only available using a real-time (2-minute) average: 0. hardware is one of those fields. Be aware that in the vast majority of cases, this field won’t change over time, so you will want to call this field only once to avoid wasting your points on repeat data.

I thank You Andrew and I will help full for me. let me check it back to you. can I talk via Skype or Telegram? I tried before this email but it downloaded only a few months or not more than one year. I need to download two or three years data. another question is whether the data is valid. can we use it for analysis as it is

Increasing the averaging period will show more data on the graph. Weekly averages can show up to five years worth of data. All public data recorded by the sensor will be shown for the past five years if weekly averages are used.

A table showing the maximum time shown for an averaging period is available in our article on How to Use The Map Graph. To obtain data further back than what can be seen on the graph you can use the PurpleAir API.

If you have further questions on data, you can make a post in the forum’s data category or send an email to contact@purpleair.com.

I have

Organization Andualem ayele 00A32D5E but does not work

@Mengistu Yes, let’s set up a call. Send us an email at contact@purpleair.com, and we can set up a call to assist you further with the API.

A post was split to a new topic: What are Sensor Indexes and Sensor Read Keys?