This article will go over how to create API keys and navigate the API portal.
You will need a Gmail or Google-associated account to sign in. You can learn more information here: Sign in to your Google Account with another email address - Computer - Google Account Help
The PurpleAir API uses two different API keys, a read key and a write key, which need to be used to make specific API calls. If you want to use the PurpleAir API, you can create your own API keys here: PurpleAir Develop.
API keys are issued per user, not per sensor.
Please review our article about the API Online Dashboard.
Create API Keys
- After signing in, click “API Keys” on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on “Add” in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- You will see an auto-populated project name, which you can rename anytime. You can have several projects and API keys. If you already have multiple projects, be sure to select the appropriate project.
- Select “Read” for the “Type,” select “Enabled” under “Status,” and leave the fields “Label,” “Host restrictions,” and “Referer restrictions” blank.
- Click “Add.”
- To create a “Write” key, repeat the process but select “Write” under “Type.”
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on “Projects.” Here you can edit and add projects, view each project’s usage, and archive projects.
- To add a project, click “Add” in the top right-hand corner of the page. Choose a project name, and click “Add.”
- To edit a project name, click the green icon with a pen next to the project you want to update.
- To archive a project, select the yellow icon with a briefcase,
- To check usage, select the green icon with the graph.
- Select “Users” on the left-hand side of the screen. Here you can edit the name and email of the user.
- Select “Organization” on the left-hand side of the screen. Here you can edit the organization’s name and view the organization’s usage.
- The “TopUp Account” button will allow you to add credits to your account. Credits will be used to make API calls. We will be implementing a payment system for making API calls in the future.
Learn more about our API Guidelines.
Learn more about Making calls with the PurpleAir API
Learn more about the PurpleAir API.