Google alternate login failing

My Google alternate email login succeeds but the login reverts to my Google primary account so it fails for PurpleAir. How can I fix this?

Hi @rewash1797, I’m afraid I don’t fully understand. Where you are trying to log in? And can you elaborate a bit more on the issue you are experiencing?

My owner email is e.g. “purple-air@example.com”
I have a Google alternate account called "purple-air … ".
My primary email is “SomeGoogleUser@gmail.com”.
I click login on the map and get a Google login page.
I login using the purple-air… email.
The PurpleAir map says I’ve logged in as “SomeGoogleUser…” not “purple-air …”

I don’t see my sensor.

The addresses are clipped because this discourse has a “link” limit for new users.

So no help is available?

Our apologies for the delay. I’m not sure what could be causing this. You can try logging into the map in an incognito window to see if that corrects the issue. If you are using Google Chrome, you can create a new user using the other email address.

Lastly, ensure that your browser and coming is up to date. We recommend installing any updates that are available.

Creating a new Google account with my purple-air email (after deleting the alternate address) worked. This is not a good user experience.

1 Like

I see; thank you for that information. At this time, the PurpleAir map only supports Google email addresses. We plan on incorporating more login mechanisms in the future. We appreciate the feedback.

At this time, the PurpleAir map only supports Google email addresses.

That’s not the problem. Only supporting Google authentication is also a bad experience but the problem is your instructions for using an Google Alternate Email address don’t work in your system. I assume no one is using the feature or they’re all working around your bug per your advice. But it’s still a bug in your system.

Can you please send an email to contact@purpleair.com with more details on the issue you are experiencing? We want to resolve it to the best of our ability. Screenshots would prove especially helpful.

Many users log into the PurpleAir map to view their sensors. If there is a bug in our system, we want to fix it as soon as possible.