Does the PA-II come with a USB cord in the box?

The product page says:

Please note: This sensor does not come with a power adaptor. Find a suitable OUTDOOR-rated adaptor here or use your own USB power source (any 5V, 1.2 to 2.4 amp adaptor will work).

I’m planning on using this product indoors.

I know it doesn’t come with a power adapter, but does it come with a USB cord in the box, so that you can connect it to a wall adapter?

Hi @overlay

If you’re referring to the PurpleAir Zen, then yes, it does come with a power cable. It does not come with an adaptor.

If you’re referring to the Classic or Flex, the answer is no.

I have the right adapter but no information on the cord. It is not a standard USB connection. Please advise the specs on the cord also.

Hi @katkelly

All PurpleAir devices use a micro-USB for power. I’m going to attach an image of different USB types for reference.

Thanks, Keiran. It said the device is connected to PurpleAir network “without internet-not secured.” Tried a couple of times. What to do, please?

Hi @katkelly

That is normal behavior, as your device is connected directly to the sensor, which doesn’t provide internet.

When you do connect and get that message, does the sensor’s configuration page pop up? It should do so automatically. If it does, please follow the steps in this article to get the sensor connected.

The connection problem appears to be that PurpleAir is not compatible with Eero networks. Of the three troubleshooting options, #2 is not applicable and I do not have a reset button on the Eero to enter advanced setup. That leaves Option 1, which it appears to state I have to reset 12 other devices on the network in order to accommodate PurpleAir:

NOT GOING TO DO THAT. What a hassle to get a simple device connected.

Are there any other options to get this PurpleAir to work?

1 Like

Hi @katkelly

I understand your frustration and want to work to help you. You shouldn’t have to re-configure the other devices on your network after following step one unless you have manually assigned IPs to them. They should automatically reconnect.