Reliability of Ozone Readings?

Hey y’all! I got my air monitor about a month ago and tonight I was messing around with all the different data it gives me and unlike when I was initially messing with it when I first got it, it had a month of ozone readings. The last post I could find related to ozone readings was from about a year ago, saying ozone readings were not currently available. The thing that leads me to be leary as to whether they are accurate is that my ozone reading in ppb has been between 143 and 147 the entire time for the past month. Now, it is entirely likely that this is correct, there is a lot of pollution where I live. Still, I couldn’t find any ozone readings from any other monitors, and my closest government-run ozone monitor is over 200 miles away, so I can’t look at a local monitor to check for accuracy.

So I’m basically asking are my readings accurate? How do you know they are accurate (for yelling at my local regulatory agency reasons, also just because I’m interested)? And why do only I have them? Is it because my monitor is so new?

Thanks in advance!

Which model of PurpleAir sensor do you have?

PurpleAir sensors mainly measure Particulate Matter pollution. None have been released with ozone sensors at the time of this post.

The ozone variable may be experimental and/or based on derived data from another sensor, like the TVOC sensor. I would not rely on it for any use until there is an announcement from PurpleAir.

It’s a Flex, why would it infer this data for me but for no other sensors near me, is it because it’s so high?

Could be that you’re the only one with a Flex. The PA II Classic sensors don’t have the gas sensor chips the new PAs have and there is a lot of those out in the world.