PurpleAir Where do I install it? Where is everyone installed?

I want to know if I buy this device, where am I going to put it, and how everyone is putting it for testing

1 Like

Hi @liany, if you view the PurpleAir map and zoom out to view a large area, you will see that many sensors create a smooth gradient of color transition. The sensors on the map range from a couple of feet off the ground to 30+ feet in the air. We have seen that height does not make too much of a difference.

​Ensure that your device is mounted in the upright position with the hole facing the ground. Also, ensure your device is high enough so water can’t splash up into the underside and damage the components.

Attached to side of house, about 10 feet up … away from possible local polluting sources (furnace output pipe). Probably want to keep it in airflow … sometimes locations near buildings have local air pockets (interior corner locations, etc)

OK,I can see it,First of all, thank you for your reply,but i want to know Who buys the equipment, and does the resident personally buy it? Or will the community agency help us buy it? And then are they all installed outside the rooms in our homes? Or will it be installed in public streets, parks, schools?

thank you for your reply,but i want to know Who buys the equipment, and does the resident personally buy it? Or will the community agency help us buy it? And then are they all installed outside the rooms in our homes? Or will it be installed in public streets, parks, schools?

Great question! Typically, PurpleAir sensors are purchased by individual users who want to measure the air quality near them. However, there are many organizations out there that help users get their own PurpleAir sensors or provide them to areas that don’t currently have any. You can purchase your own PurpleAir sensors here.

As for installation, they can be installed in many different locations. You can refer to the comments @Robert and I posted above.