Historical Data Bulk Downloads

Hello all,

I’m reaching out to request raw data over a five-year period for the state of California (2017-2022). My team is conducting research and had been working with the AirSensor package, but unfortunately with recent changes, are having some difficulties.
We have tried the following:

• Requesting using data using the API key with historical access caps removed
  • Scripting, but can only access two days’ worth at a time
  • Sensor data download tool

Is there any advice for this situation?

2 Likes

I’m having same problem. Can’t figure out how to download long term historical data now that the old Sensor Download Data Tool has been retired. The most data I am able to download is 2 weeks, when in past I have been able to download multiple years. Appreciate any help on how to download large intervals of historical data.

1 Like

I am also having the same problem. I need two years of data from 6 sensors and am trying to figure out a way to get the data via the API with limited success. Have any of you tried to email purpleair support?

1 Like

If you wanted hourly data, you’d need to break your individual requests into 2-week increments (the max request period for hourly data) per sensor, going back 2 years. You’d likely wanted to loop your input variables (sensor index, start time, end time) over the request URL in a program like R, and compile those requests over time.

1 Like

PurpleAir Guys we all need our data back online as soon as possible. The server change is by no means a believable excuse.

Att Purple Air, I ask …Where is your heart

Note you at PurpleAir stated from the start.
PurpleAir is built on the ideal of sharing data and by doing this, empowering individuals to effect change. All public PurpleAir data is available to download under various licenses

Now your sensor users find that their data is NOT freely available for download due to the very limited (crippled) tools that are now provided for users. The very limited tools of today now make the data for practical purposes for many uses unavailable.
So again I ask the staff at Purple Air…
Where is your heart…