Sensor Download Tool Issues

I’m in the process of co-locating my PurpleAir sensors but am having difficulties with downloading the data from October 27-29th, 2022. I followed the normal procedures - edit the start and end dates, 10-minute average but the downloaded Excel sheet is empty. Any suggestions?

For example, I am trying to download this sensor data from October 27 - 29th, 2022: Sensor data download tool | PurpleAir

Thank you!

1 Like

I am also having this issue. I can’t retrieve any data from any of my sensors after October 25th.

The sensors no longer report data to ThingSpeak.com, and that is where the tool you are using gets data. We will update it to use the new API, but that is a work in progress, so please bear with us. In the meantime, the API (api.purpleair.com) will provide all historical data.

3 Likes

We are having same issue. Did you find a resolution?

They are migrating the data over to a new service and we need to be patient. It will show up eventually.

Thanks Odelle,

Do you have any idea when it will show up? A day, week, month, etc?

Sage

image001.jpg

they didn’t say. just asked for patience.

Same for me over here in Aotearoa New Zealand

Same in UK, headers no data in CSV files?

Is there any update on this issue? I haven’t figured out how to use the API yet, so I’d appreciate if I could download the data past October 25th from the map

Just to add, I have tried using the API through the Sample request on the PurpleAir API website, but I get the following error:
Error 403
{
“api_version”: “V1.0.11-0.0.41”,
“time_stamp”: 1670434184,
“error”: “ApiDisabledError”,
“description”: “API calls to this endpoint (get_sensor_history) have been restricted. Please try again later or contact PurpleAir for more information.”
}

You have to request access to get historical data, however this is limited to a set time, for example if you want hourly data you can only go back 14 days…

What?! Why? when did this change happen? It’s the data that the sensors I’ve bought have collected, I can’t believe I can’t access them!

To clarify on what Kevin shared - there is a limit to the amount of data one calls or downloads at one time.
If one has a loop in a program/script, then one can make several calls to ‘build’ that data file.
There is more information on this endpoint limitation provided by PurpleAir in other community forum posts.