Map Reporting Time

Has there been a recent update to the map? When I select the averaging period of “real time,” the graph shows data for two months, instead of just for two days like it used to. The graph is not very useful this way because it looks very noisy and zooming in on my phone is very clunky. When it just showed two days of data I could very easily see recent trends, which was useful to me.

Is there a way to decrease the time period the graph shows data?

Thanks

2 Likes

I find this very frustrating also. When can the old time scale be restored?

1 Like

I’d also be interested to know about the change - but I find it really useful. But the finder grained results were good too. How about an option for users to select a timeframe?

I am certainly for the expansion of real-time data on the graph, but there SHOULD be an option for selecting different time scales, like the current 24 hours, 2 days, a week, a month, 2 months, or whatever.

I clicked on “How to use this graph” which opened page How to use the Map Graph. There I found instruction section " Zooming in on The Graph" which allowed me to select a time portion of the graph which is expended. I never used this before the revision to a longer timeframe in the default graph. As others reported, I don’t see an option for changing the default.

1 Like

@artlight64 @LBHPA1 @Bumchamp7 @schda12

The change in the map graph’s time scale is a temporary change that will be reverted in the next map update.

As @schda12 mentioned, you can zoom in on the graph for now to view a shorter time period.

1 Like

Oh, thanks. I will be glad for the return back to normal.

1 Like

I am also experiencing this issue. I have created a model that downloads the map and it no longer works without the 14-Day graph. I hope that this gets resolved ASAP as I must present the model at a conference soon.

When will the map be updated? I will be presenting my model at a conference that uses the 14-day map and is no longer functional without the 14-day data. Any update would be greatly appreciated!

Updating the map is our top priority at the moment. We don’t have an exact date we can provide, but it should be soon.

If there’s any additional ways we can assist you, please send an email to contact@purpleair.com.

1 Like

while you are at it, could you add a URL parameter to specify a time other “now” for the map display? I’m trying to track a plume of pm2.5 pollution that came through yesterday, and want to see the sites turn red as it went across the region. I would like to scroll back and see the progress of the plume.