IFTTT integration

Please add IFTTT integration. It would be cool to get alerts or turn on air purifiers based on my indoor readings or nearby outdoor sensors.

6 Likes

Hi Doug, this is a great idea and I will input it as a feature request to be looked into in the future. We are looking into creating systems that will allow users to receive alerts, but we do not have an estimated timeline yet.

If you have programming experience, you could look into using our API. You can view more information about our API in this post: Making API Calls with the PurpleAir API.

2 Likes

I also would Like to see IFTTT integration.

Could turn on air cleaners based on air quality, etc.

George

4 Likes

I would also like to see IFTTT integration. As George mentioned, it could turn on air filters, and there are so many additional uses. When wildfire smoke is rapidly entering and departing a region, it saves a lot of time tracking monitors if I can just get notifications when levels reach a certain threshold. There are also so many clever IFTTT possibilities that it would simply open up the PurpleAir monitor to an abundance of clever activity and interesting uses. Pollution levels could control window open/close activity, change the integration of outdoor air into HVAC systems (yes if clean air, no if polluted), alert fenceline communities about pollution coming from major polluting facilicies, and and and… :slight_smile:

Thanks for listening!

Always monitoring,
Mark

2 Likes