Data download

Hi,

I’m looking at values on the real-time map in the 30’s to 50’s with the graph displaying a maximum of the last 7 days. I went to the data download webpage to see data values for the past month, but all of the values under PM2.5_ATM_ug/m3 column are less than 10. I’m not sure how to match up the values seen on the map with the values seen in the downloads.

Thanks

Hi @jcothran, the downloaded data does not display the AQI. Instead, you have the raw PM2.5 value, which needs to be converted to view the AQI. AirNow has a converter that you can use. You can find it at the following link: AQI Calculator Concentration | AirNow.gov.

Hi Ethan,

Thanks much for the link, I see and better understand the range correlations and equation linked from there also https://forum.airnowtech.org/t/the-aqi-equation/169

Thank you for pointing at that post and the equation. I just created a topic that has an example function to calculate the US EPA PM2.5 AQI written in JavaScript. You can view it here: How to Calculate the US EPA PM2.5 AQI.