Feedback needed: AirCare - mobile app with PA sensors

I downloaded the app and spent a little time playing with it. Here are some of my initial thoughts.

I agree with Mark’s comments and will echo the request of showing VOC’s. I’ve installed a PA with the BME680 at my place in Colorado so it does report VOC to the map, and I know that after the severe fire in Louisville/Superior neighborhoods this past winter a lot of VOC sensors went up within the burn area (see forum post here).

• Upon opening the app it correctly selected the closest monitor (which is mine of course) but initially I couldn’t tell if it was showing mine because I could not find the station name. Any chance to also show the station name as listed in the map?

• I did not purchase the Pro version so I couldn’t test the Apple Watch app, but I downloaded an Apple Watch only app from a different developer that actually seems to connect directly to my station using its IP address. I assume this work since I’m on my home network which the PA is also connected to. It’s a neat idea and perhaps could be a Pro feature for realtime data from one’s own sensor(s). Here’s a link to that free app.

• Any chance to see the other parameters (could be a Pro feature)? I can see myself using the app to just do a quick check of my own sensor (temp, humidity, pressure, as well as diagnostic looking at WiFi signal strength or uptime). I don’t know if these are reported as part of the API, but it’s reported on the map, so figured I’d ask.

• I like the map and the graph at the bottom of the map. Anyway to show the graph as it does in the PA map instead of just bars? I personally like line plots, as well as seeing ChA and ChB.

• Is there a way I can see a stations reported “confidence”? It’s displayed on the map when one clicks a station and is how close ChA and ChB are to each other.

That’s all for now. I’m using an iPhone X. I have cycled through quite a few air quality apps, so looking forward to seeing what new features this one will bring.

1 Like